Art Exhibition Space at Wauwatosa Public Library
The Firefly Art Gallery is located on the main floor of the library east of the Circulation Desk. Gallery space is available to professional artists and art organizations free of charge. The gallery is open for public viewing during hours the library is open.
One function of the Wauwatosa Library is to provide access to available intellectual and cultural resources. Therefore, exhibits and programs may be planned to direct the public’s attention to materials and services available in the Library, or to provide exposure to the work of artists and craft persons as well as items of historical and general interest.
The Library administration shall review the content and arrangement of all exhibits. The Library Board reserves the right to reject any part of an exhibit or to change the manner of display.
All publicity materials relating to exhibits shall be submitted for approval by the Library.
1. Exhibitors must sign a waiver stating that they will not hold the Library or the City of Wauwatosa responsible for any loss or damage of their exhibit.
2. No prices may be posted, but a price list will be available at the Circulation desk.
3. Transactions for the purchase of exhibit items shall be directly between the purchaser and the exhibitor or an official agent.
4. The Library shall receive no fees, commissions, or other remuneration in connection with the sale of exhibit items.
5. No exhibit material which is sold during its display in the Library may be removed from the exhibit before the end of the exhibition unless such removal and rearrangement of the display is approved by the Library.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Wauwatosa Public Library on February 8, 2011.
To arrange for an exhibit or for additional information, contact Cori Lutz at (414) 471-8487.
Lucy Yu – The month of September 2019.
Lucy is 67 years old, graduated from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine in 1976. In 1994 became certified as an American Chinese Herbal Medicine Physician and a Wisconsin licensed acupuncturist. Lucy has been painting since her childhood and is very interested in Chinese detail ink and color paint. Animals are a big theme of her artwork. She actively participates in local folk art shows around the area.